This is a complicated question, because…mold is tricky. Oftentimes a client has many different symptoms that are seemingly unrelated at first glance. This is why it is so difficult for people to recognize it as a mold problem, because it can be explained away as allergies, Parkinson’s, ALS, MS, generalized chronic fatigue syndrome, thyroid, Lupus. In addition, mold is usually behind the walls, not visible. It’s hard to get an accurate test. They often come back clean or inconclusive.
Upon digging a little deeper, we can assess whether these symptoms could be coming from mold toxicity. If, by muscle testing your body energetically, we find mold frequencies, then we take it to the next step. A mycotoxin test is needed to determine whether you are having difficulty clearing the mold toxins from the body. This is a genetic issue. Some of us can’t clear the toxins fast enough.
Meanwhile, we work on clearing toxins from the body. First by means of binders, and opening channels of elimination, then deep immune support for the nasal passages, gut, brain, and lungs (too many systems and organs to list here). The biotoxins need to be bound and flushed from the body, while the brain is supported and healed from the damage done by the neurotoxins.
I also look at other immune challenges that could be present as a result of a prolonged mold exposure. Since the immune system takes a hit, and the milieu of the tissue changes, other immune challenges often move in including Lyme, parasites and viruses. They see an opportunity and take hold. We also need to discover which came first…the mold or these other problems. The root cause is important to figure out. From my experience, it is often mold at the core.
Quite a bit of damage is done by all of these critters, so therefore a lot of healing needs to happen. I have found brain supplements to be essential in healing the body of brain fog, urinary problems, skin crawling sensations, muscle weakness, and motor control.
Grapefruit seed extract as a nasal spray is extremely helpful in clearing out the mold spores and toxins that are inhaled. It works very well immediately after an exposure.
Fungus is attracted to heavy metals, just as Lyme and other viruses are. If we don’t get rid of metals, it will be hard to clear out the immune challenges. I can’t emphasize enough to work on metals slowly. Not quickly. Work with a skilled practitioner. Many doctors say they are going to do “IV chelation/EDTA, etc etc and pull these metals out quickly.” And “chelations weekly or monthly.” I disagree. I have seen too many cases of clients who have had their brains melted by these “quick” chelation therapies.
Think about Mercury, for example. What is it attracted to? Brain tissue. If you pull it out too quickly and/or with inferior binders, the binders don’t hold on to the mercury forever, and they let go. Where does the mercury travel? To…the…BRAIN! Many binders have 1, 2, or 3 binding sites. Not good. You need way more than that to pull mercury. Resist the urge, and pull it out slowly with someone who knows what they are doing. Slow and steady wins the race.
Aside from all we have discussed thus far, clean and pristine air is number one. If you don’t have that, you’re just chasing your tail. You need to look for specifications of a CADR rating over 300, but even some of those allow air to go around the filter and back into the room. Austin Air and Air Doctor are air purifiers that are made correctly. I like my Austin Air for the bedroom, and I will be ordering a second one for the living room.
I always say that food and drink choices are 80% of any program you do with me. This is also true for mold, Lyme, parasites, viruses, and other bacteria. 80% food. 20% supplements. Sugar (basically anything sweet), most grains, dairy, and processed food (full of chemicals) are going to destroy your gut, and hinder function of the rest of your body. If you are sick enough to suspect mold, prepare to overhaul your diet to high quality protein, veggies and fat.
Mold and the thyroid are related. I have found multiple cases of mold sensitivity where the thyroid takes a hit with each mold exposure, even after they have gotten out of their moldy house/office. I am always checking and supporting the thyroid. I grew up in a moldy house and by high-school my bloodwork showed I had a hypothyroid condition.
Now that we’ve discussed a mold briefly (there is sooooo much more to know), let’s discuss the New Client Wellness Evaluation. First I start with a full health intake. I need to understand your body. It takes several visits for me to begin to understand more fully what is going on in there. Any information you can give me regarding symptoms you’ve been having, and when they began, will be helpful. Then we muscle test frequencies in your body, and we determine what your body is trying to work on right now. Typically at the first visit we are able to peel back a few layers. We may or may not get to the root cause at this first visit. With mold, as we discussed, often there ends up being multiple roots. My personal and professional experience with mold has taught me that if you don’t get out of the mold, you can’t heal these other areas.
Due to the fact that I have LIVED this, I have poured myself into research on how to correct my own problems and the issues my clients have presented with mold, and I am confident that we can make progress on healing your body. It is not easy, but I am here to walk with you on your journey. You are not in this alone.
Connie Kelly, BS MedSci, NHE
Nutritional Health Practitioner
Natural Health Educator
Leave a Reply.
Custom Wellness serves:
Anywhere in the US online
(616) 294-7427 in english and español